Declan Rudd set to be offered Norwich City escape route
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City keeper Declan Rudd is a wanted man, with Charlton boss Karl Robinson keen to keep the on-loan stopper at The Valley next season.
Rudd appeared surplus to requirements under former City chief Alex Neil, after being farmed out last summer following the signing of Northern Ireland international Michael McGovern.
Rudd is out of contract at Carrow Road this summer but there is an option that can be taken up to keep the academy product at his parent club. The 26-year-old's longer term future will only become clear once City install Neil's replacement as part of a revamp of the football structure.
Robinson, however, is keen to explore any option to bring him to South London again, with Rudd making 32 appearances for the Addicks this campaign.
'Declan is an amazing young man and a very talented goalkeeper,' said Robinson, quoted on londonnewsonline. 'I don't know if you saw his celebrations for our goal on Tuesday or at home to Walsall? He celebrates like it's his real club.
You may also want to watch:
'For a loan player to have that much passion for the team he plays for is remarkable. I'd love him to be here next year.
'LT (Lee Turner) is one of the best goalkeeping coaches I've worked with and I know he rates him very highly. I'm sure Dec will look at LT and the facilities we have got here, the ambition of where we want to go.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
'But sometimes it is down to other clubs allowing those things to materialise. He is certainly someone I would like to have around.'