Declan Rudd set to be offered Norwich City escape route
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City keeper Declan Rudd is a wanted man, with Charlton boss Karl Robinson keen to keep the on-loan stopper at The Valley next season.
Rudd appeared surplus to requirements under former City chief Alex Neil, after being farmed out last summer following the signing of Northern Ireland international Michael McGovern.
Rudd is out of contract at Carrow Road this summer but there is an option that can be taken up to keep the academy product at his parent club. The 26-year-old's longer term future will only become clear once City install Neil's replacement as part of a revamp of the football structure.
Robinson, however, is keen to explore any option to bring him to South London again, with Rudd making 32 appearances for the Addicks this campaign.
'Declan is an amazing young man and a very talented goalkeeper,' said Robinson, quoted on londonnewsonline. 'I don't know if you saw his celebrations for our goal on Tuesday or at home to Walsall? He celebrates like it's his real club.
You may also want to watch:
'For a loan player to have that much passion for the team he plays for is remarkable. I'd love him to be here next year.
'LT (Lee Turner) is one of the best goalkeeping coaches I've worked with and I know he rates him very highly. I'm sure Dec will look at LT and the facilities we have got here, the ambition of where we want to go.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
'But sometimes it is down to other clubs allowing those things to materialise. He is certainly someone I would like to have around.'