Dates for key cup ties confirmed for Norwich City Under-23s
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Dates for two important upcoming cup clashes have been confirmed for Norwich City Under-23s.
The young Canaries will play Fulham at Colney this Friday, in the first knockout round of the Premier League Cup.
The last-16 tie will kick-off at 2.30pm, with City reaching that stage after finishing second behind Portsmouth in Group D, after beating Everton home and away, before thrashing Wolves 5-0 to seal their progress.
The date for the U23s' semi-final clash with Sunderland at Carrow Road in the Premier League International Cup has also been confirmed.
That tie is to be played at 7pm on Friday, March 31. Over 2,500 fans watched City beat the second team of Dinamo Zagreb at Carrow Road last month and another big crowd is expected, with Swansea or Porto awaiting the winners in the final.
You may also want to watch:
That win is part of a run of four wins in six games for the youngsters, with academy manager Richard Money in interim charge of the team.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named