Crystal Palace Under-21s 1, Norwich City Under-21s 5
Norwich City Under-21s hammered their Crystal Palace counterparts at Tooting.
With first team boss Chris Hughton in attendance, the Canaries' youngsters were eager to impress and Josh Murphy got them off the mark in the 21st minute when he pounced inside the penalty area to make it 1-0.
Remi Matthews made an excellent save to deny Kwesi Appiah shortly after and eight minutes before half-time, City doubled their money to emphasise their dominance.
George Francomb converted Jamar Loza's excellent pass and it was effectively game over in the second half when Loza got on the scorsheet himself thanks to a cool finish.
Jacob Murphy made it 4-0 before Korey Smith struck the goal of the evening as he smashed home from the edge of the area in the 85th minute.
Palace gained a consolation late on when Appiah scored from the penalty spot after the referee had spotted a handball.
• Norwich City Under-21s: Matthews; McNeil, Sheriff (c), Gafaiti, Toffolo; Francomb, Durojaiye, Smith, Josh Murphy; Jacob Murphy; Loza. Subs: Watkins-Clark, Steer (GK), Hall-Johnson, Young, Clunan.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month