Crystal Palace Away: Norwich City fans’ guide to Selhurst Park
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City travel to south London on Saturday to face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park at 3pm. Here is our guide for Canary fans on travel, food and drink.
Norwich to Selhurst Park by car takes just under three hours. Once on the M25 turn off at junction seven and follow the signs for the A23 to Croydon. Once you reach Purley, bear left onto the A23 at the junction with the A235. After passing Croydon the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath and here you must go straight over into Brigstock Road.
At the next mini-roundabout go left into Whitehorse Lane and you will see the ground on your right. The postcode for the ground is SE25 6PU.
You may also want to watch:
The streets around Selhurst Park are all residential with parking spaces reserved for residents.
There are a number of pay and display machines near the ground with a four hour limit as does the local Sainsbury's car park.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
Selhurst Park is within walking distance from several train stations including Selhurst Station, Norwood Junction and Thornton Heath. Most stations near the ground are served by train services from London Victoria so when arriving from Norwich to London Liverpool Street you will need to get a circle line tube to Victoria.
WHERE TO DRINK
Opposite Thornton Heath station there is a Weatherspoons pub called The Flora Sandes which is popular with both home and away fans. The Railway Telegraph on Brigstock Road is also a popular choice with fans and is about a 15-minute walk from the ground.
WHERE TO EAT
There are a number of fish and chip shops surrounding the ground as well as a good selection of kebab eateries. Tesco and Sainsbury's both have stores within walking distance and many local pubs serve food.