Crystal Palace Away: Norwich City fans’ guide to Selhurst Park
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City travel to south London on Saturday to face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park at 3pm. Here is our guide for Canary fans on travel, food and drink.
Norwich to Selhurst Park by car takes just under three hours. Once on the M25 turn off at junction seven and follow the signs for the A23 to Croydon. Once you reach Purley, bear left onto the A23 at the junction with the A235. After passing Croydon the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath and here you must go straight over into Brigstock Road.
At the next mini-roundabout go left into Whitehorse Lane and you will see the ground on your right. The postcode for the ground is SE25 6PU.
The streets around Selhurst Park are all residential with parking spaces reserved for residents.
There are a number of pay and display machines near the ground with a four hour limit as does the local Sainsbury's car park.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 9 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 10 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
Selhurst Park is within walking distance from several train stations including Selhurst Station, Norwood Junction and Thornton Heath. Most stations near the ground are served by train services from London Victoria so when arriving from Norwich to London Liverpool Street you will need to get a circle line tube to Victoria.
WHERE TO DRINK
Opposite Thornton Heath station there is a Weatherspoons pub called The Flora Sandes which is popular with both home and away fans. The Railway Telegraph on Brigstock Road is also a popular choice with fans and is about a 15-minute walk from the ground.
WHERE TO EAT
There are a number of fish and chip shops surrounding the ground as well as a good selection of kebab eateries. Tesco and Sainsbury's both have stores within walking distance and many local pubs serve food.