Colchester chief dismisses Norwich claims
Colchester United chairman Robbie Cowling claimed today Norwich had admitting breaching rules over their pursuit of former Us boss Paul Lambert.Cowling was responding to Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett's assertion at City's AGM this week the Norfolk club had made 'a lawful approach' for Lambert.
Colchester United chairman Robbie Cowling claimed today Norwich had admitting breaching rules over their pursuit of former Us boss Paul Lambert.
Cowling was responding to Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett's assertion at City's AGM this week the Norfolk club had made 'a lawful approach' for Lambert.
A Football League Disciplinary Tribunal is due to meet next month - with Cowling having already demanded the Canaries face a possible points' deduction.
'It surprises me that they are still saying they made a lawful approach because in the latest correspondence between our solicitors they have admitted a breach of rule 20,' he told the EADT. 'To say that Colchester is divided over this is absolute rubbish. All the Colchester directors are completely on board. I don't want to comment on the compensation figures being discussed, but needless to say I disagree that they have been over-generous. We'll just have to wait and see what the tribunal comes up with. A set of dates are close to being agreed and we should be able to sit down at some time in March.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back