'City target' Smith set to sign new deal with Walsall
City could miss out on centre-half Manny Smith with the Walsall defender on the verge of signing a new contract. The Canaries have been linked with a summer move for the 21-year-old.
City could miss out on centre-half Manny Smith with the Walsall defender on the verge of signing a new contract.
The Canaries have been linked with a summer move for the 21-year-old.
But Smith is understood to be on the verge of agreeing a new deal at the Banks's Stadium, leaving City to look elsewhere.
One national newspaper claims City boss Paul Lambert was keeping tabs on Smith - one of the few defenders in League One who has helped keep a clean sheet against Norwich this season after a goalless draw at Carrow Road in September.
Cardiff City were also said to be monitoring Smith's progress, with a view to snapping him up for nothing in the summer.
But Smith's contract is believed to be all but signed, leaving City to look elsewhere for defensive reinforcements.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Man in 60s charged for drink driving and soliciting a prostitute in Norwich
Lambert has four real options at centre-half - current pair Gary Doherty and Michael Nelson, as well as Jens Berthel Askou and Zak Whitbread, who are both recovering from injury.