'City target' Smith set to sign new deal with Walsall
City could miss out on centre-half Manny Smith with the Walsall defender on the verge of signing a new contract. The Canaries have been linked with a summer move for the 21-year-old.
City could miss out on centre-half Manny Smith with the Walsall defender on the verge of signing a new contract.
The Canaries have been linked with a summer move for the 21-year-old.
But Smith is understood to be on the verge of agreeing a new deal at the Banks's Stadium, leaving City to look elsewhere.
One national newspaper claims City boss Paul Lambert was keeping tabs on Smith - one of the few defenders in League One who has helped keep a clean sheet against Norwich this season after a goalless draw at Carrow Road in September.
You may also want to watch:
Cardiff City were also said to be monitoring Smith's progress, with a view to snapping him up for nothing in the summer.
But Smith's contract is believed to be all but signed, leaving City to look elsewhere for defensive reinforcements.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Lambert has four real options at centre-half - current pair Gary Doherty and Michael Nelson, as well as Jens Berthel Askou and Zak Whitbread, who are both recovering from injury.