Poll: Was Murphy’s screamer City’s best goal of the season so far?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Murphy lashed home a memorable thunderbolt against Aston Villa but was it the best goal yet of Norwich City's season?
We've whittled down City's best goals of the campaign – most of which have been scored by James Maddison – to just four options.
Do you think Murphy's strike comes out on top?
1 – Harrison Reed v QPR
The Southampton loanee wrapped up a 2-0 win for City over Rangers at Carrow Road back in August, adding to Nelson Oliveira's opener, in the 82nd minute.
The midfielder scored his first goal for Norwich with a thumping effort from just over 22 yards, to the right of the D, which flew into the top-right corner.
2 – James Maddison v Middlesbrough
- 1 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 2 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 3 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 4 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 5 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 6 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 7 Norfolk hospital charged following death of patient mistakenly sent home
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 9 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
- 10 Heavy delays after crash between lorry and car on A47
The first of Maddison's Championship Goal of the Month award winners, arrowing a rising 25-yard shot into the top-right corner after tenacious work from Marley Watkins to win possession on the left wing.
The deciding goal at the Riverside earned the playmaker the divisional award for September.
3 – James Maddison v Brentford
Another deciding goal in a 1-0 away win from Maddison, this time with a nutmeg. Fired from the edge of the box after leaving Ryan Woods for dust, the midfielder's Griffin Park winner won the divisional award for January.
4 – Josh Murphy v Aston Villa
The winger's lofted effort from 25 yards fired the Canaries 1-0 in front just before half-time of their surprise 3-1 win over Aston Villa.
Murphy cut in from the right wing and unleashed an unstoppable, dipping drive into the top-left corner which he later described as the best goal of his career.
• If you think another goal should have made our poll, let us know in the comment section below.
• Watch clips of the goals above and then cast your vote in our poll