Poll: Was Murphy’s screamer City’s best goal of the season so far?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Murphy lashed home a memorable thunderbolt against Aston Villa but was it the best goal yet of Norwich City's season?
We've whittled down City's best goals of the campaign – most of which have been scored by James Maddison – to just four options.
Do you think Murphy's strike comes out on top?
1 – Harrison Reed v QPR
The Southampton loanee wrapped up a 2-0 win for City over Rangers at Carrow Road back in August, adding to Nelson Oliveira's opener, in the 82nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder scored his first goal for Norwich with a thumping effort from just over 22 yards, to the right of the D, which flew into the top-right corner.
2 – James Maddison v Middlesbrough
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
The first of Maddison's Championship Goal of the Month award winners, arrowing a rising 25-yard shot into the top-right corner after tenacious work from Marley Watkins to win possession on the left wing.
The deciding goal at the Riverside earned the playmaker the divisional award for September.
3 – James Maddison v Brentford
Another deciding goal in a 1-0 away win from Maddison, this time with a nutmeg. Fired from the edge of the box after leaving Ryan Woods for dust, the midfielder's Griffin Park winner won the divisional award for January.
4 – Josh Murphy v Aston Villa
The winger's lofted effort from 25 yards fired the Canaries 1-0 in front just before half-time of their surprise 3-1 win over Aston Villa.
Murphy cut in from the right wing and unleashed an unstoppable, dipping drive into the top-left corner which he later described as the best goal of his career.
• If you think another goal should have made our poll, let us know in the comment section below.
• Watch clips of the goals above and then cast your vote in our poll