Buendia’s promotion ‘fee’ is small price for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's good fortune after their title-winning season has been shared in Spain – as Emi Buendia' former club receive their share of the spoils.
Reports in Spain say Getafe, who sold the Argentine to City last summer, have banked a £5m promotion bonus as part of the terms of the deal.
Buendia cost City an estimated £1.5m but even with the extras, it will be seen as a bargain after the 22-year-old's brilliant season in English football.
The bonus report was in the respected Spanish sports daily Marca, which says the boost to Getafe's funds could help fund the final transfer fee due for Nemanja Maksimovic.
Buendia played 37 times for Getafe and last season started 35 games for the Canaries, scoring eight goals, with 13 assists.
You may also want to watch:
Buendia is contracted to City until 2022.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace