Buendia’s promotion ‘fee’ is small price for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's good fortune after their title-winning season has been shared in Spain – as Emi Buendia' former club receive their share of the spoils.
Reports in Spain say Getafe, who sold the Argentine to City last summer, have banked a £5m promotion bonus as part of the terms of the deal.
Buendia cost City an estimated £1.5m but even with the extras, it will be seen as a bargain after the 22-year-old's brilliant season in English football.
The bonus report was in the respected Spanish sports daily Marca, which says the boost to Getafe's funds could help fund the final transfer fee due for Nemanja Maksimovic.
Buendia played 37 times for Getafe and last season started 35 games for the Canaries, scoring eight goals, with 13 assists.
You may also want to watch:
Buendia is contracted to City until 2022.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low