Norwich City pair up for EFL awards
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's impressive start to 2018 has been recognised by the EFL with both James Maddison and Daniel Farke up for individual awards.
Maddison is on the shortlist for the Skybet EFL player of the month award for January whilst Farke has been nominated for the manager gong.
Maddison underlined his importance to the Canaries with three winners last month against Millwall, Bristol City and Brentford.
It's been his most productive goalscoring month so far for the Canaries and fans were relieved the club didn't cash in on him during the transfer window after rumoured interest from the likes of West Ham, Tottenham and Liverpool.
MORE: James Maddison is on to a good thing with Norwich CityMaddison is up against former City defender Dani Ayala, who scored three headers of Middlesbrough in January whilst helping Tony Pulis' side keep two clean sheets.
Aston Villa striker Scott Hogan and Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon complete the shortlist. Like Maddison, Sessegnon has been linked with a top flight move with the attacking full back scoring an impressive six goals in four games last month. Hogan, who was linked with a move to City during the Alex Neil era whilst he was at Brentford, helped himself to four goals in four games last month.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time Farke has been up for the manager of the month award following his nomination in September.
He lost out to Bristol City's Lee Johnson then but the Robins boss isn't in the running this time round. Farke, whose side took nine points from a possible 12 as well as pushing Chelsea all the way in the FA Cup, will be up against Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce, Birmingham chief Steve Cotterill and Fulham's Slavisa Jokanovic.
MORE: Leitner is the real deal, says FarkeFarke appears to be the underdog in this particular race with both Bruce and Jokanovic boasting perfect 12-point hauls in January.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
The winners in both categories, which will be announced tomorrow, will be decided by a judging panel, which includes former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, Sky Sports' EFL League expert Don Goodman; EFL Marketing director Drew Barrand, League Managers' Association director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL trader Mikey Mumford.