‘Something special brewing’ – City legend among fans delighted by late winner against Bolton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Salvaging another late winner in epic style at Carrow Road really has got Norwich City believing an unexpected promotion push could be possible this season, following today's 3-2 victory over Bolton.
The Canaries were on their way to a smooth victory over struggling Wanderers when they were 2-0 ahead with an hour played, thanks to goals from Mario Vrancic and Marco Stiepermann.
However, the Trotters muscled their way back into the match to draw level at 2-2, thanks to Sammy Ameobi and then defender Mark Beevers scoring the equaliser in the 83rd minute.
However, just like last month's dramatic 4-3 epic against Millwall, City's top scorer was to have the final say – slamming home on the half-volley in the third minute of injury-time to spark memorable celebrations.
With Leeds beating QPR 2-1 at Elland Road it looked like top spot was going to be conceded but Daniel Farke's team found a way to extend their unbeaten run to nine matches and win a fifth home game on the spin.
You may also want to watch:
It leaves the Canaries six points clear of third-placed Derby ahead of next Saturday's trip to Bristol City, and nine points clear of seventh-placed Nottingham Forest.
Meanwhile, with Ipswich losing 2-0 at Stoke, it means Paul Lambert's team remain rock bottom and fully 32 points adrift of the Norwich as the halfway point of the campaign approaches.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below