‘Something special brewing’ – City legend among fans delighted by late winner against Bolton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Salvaging another late winner in epic style at Carrow Road really has got Norwich City believing an unexpected promotion push could be possible this season, following today's 3-2 victory over Bolton.
The Canaries were on their way to a smooth victory over struggling Wanderers when they were 2-0 ahead with an hour played, thanks to goals from Mario Vrancic and Marco Stiepermann.
However, the Trotters muscled their way back into the match to draw level at 2-2, thanks to Sammy Ameobi and then defender Mark Beevers scoring the equaliser in the 83rd minute.
However, just like last month's dramatic 4-3 epic against Millwall, City's top scorer was to have the final say – slamming home on the half-volley in the third minute of injury-time to spark memorable celebrations.
With Leeds beating QPR 2-1 at Elland Road it looked like top spot was going to be conceded but Daniel Farke's team found a way to extend their unbeaten run to nine matches and win a fifth home game on the spin.
It leaves the Canaries six points clear of third-placed Derby ahead of next Saturday's trip to Bristol City, and nine points clear of seventh-placed Nottingham Forest.
Meanwhile, with Ipswich losing 2-0 at Stoke, it means Paul Lambert's team remain rock bottom and fully 32 points adrift of the Norwich as the halfway point of the campaign approaches.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below