‘They deserve our patience and enthusiasm’ – City fans try to keep calm about dramatic defeat to Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have been the kings of late drama in the Championship but supporters are urging calm after the Canaries were given a taste of their own medicine by Derby County.
Daniel Farke's team suffered just a second defeat in 20 league matches as they were beaten 4-3 by the Rams at Carrow Road, throwing away a 2-0 lead after 31 minutes.
Goals from Ben Godfrey and Teemu Pukki were cancelled out by Chelsea loanees Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount before half-time, only for Pukki to reclaim the lead in the 81st minute.
A 10-minute delay followed due to a floodlight failure and the visitors regrouped to grab victory with late goals from Florian Jozefzoon and Jack Marriott.
It was a disappointing finish but with leaders Leeds surprisingly beaten 2-0 at home by Hull and West Brom held to a 1-1 home draw by Sheffield Wednesday, City remain second going into 2019.
You may also want to watch:
They still trail Leeds by three points and are two points clear of the Baggies, setting up an exciting promotion race during the second half of the season.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement