‘They deserve our patience and enthusiasm’ – City fans try to keep calm about dramatic defeat to Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have been the kings of late drama in the Championship but supporters are urging calm after the Canaries were given a taste of their own medicine by Derby County.
Daniel Farke's team suffered just a second defeat in 20 league matches as they were beaten 4-3 by the Rams at Carrow Road, throwing away a 2-0 lead after 31 minutes.
Goals from Ben Godfrey and Teemu Pukki were cancelled out by Chelsea loanees Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount before half-time, only for Pukki to reclaim the lead in the 81st minute.
A 10-minute delay followed due to a floodlight failure and the visitors regrouped to grab victory with late goals from Florian Jozefzoon and Jack Marriott.
It was a disappointing finish but with leaders Leeds surprisingly beaten 2-0 at home by Hull and West Brom held to a 1-1 home draw by Sheffield Wednesday, City remain second going into 2019.
You may also want to watch:
They still trail Leeds by three points and are two points clear of the Baggies, setting up an exciting promotion race during the second half of the season.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort