Chris Martin tipped for Scotland call-up
Norwich City's Chris Martin could be in line for a surprise Scotland call-up – after national team boss Craig Levein admitted the striker was 'on our radar'.
The 22-year-old has represented England at under-19 level, but is eligible for Levein's senior squad as his father is Scottish.
Reports north of the border say Martin, who has scored six goals for the Canaries so far this season, may be included in Scotland's squad for the Celtic Cup game against Northern Ireland in February.
Levein confirmed: 'We are aware of Chris and he is on our radar.'
City boss and former Scotland captain Paul Lambert, quoted in the Sunday Mail, said: 'Chris can be anything he wants to be. In terms of finishing he's up there with the best of them.
'I'd never tell Craig how to do his job but I feel Chris is definitely worth a close look at.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan