Chris Hughton targets midfield additions for Norwich City in January market
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Chris Hughton admits Norwich City's midfield injury curse could force his hand in the January transfer window.
Hughton was frustrated in his attempts to bring in cover for Elliott Bennett after he suffered knee ligament damage during the opening day draw against Everton, but fresh injuries to Anthony Pilkington and Robert Snodgrass make the search for reinforcements in that area a top priority.
'One part of the squad we are short on now is those wide areas and we did look just before the end of the last window after losing Elliott,' he said.
'We weren't able to do anything but if you ask me. 'Is there a case to go back there in January?' then, yes, there probably is more so than any other position. But it has to be right. I think we are conscious of January anyway, as much as any other club. We do our work all through the season. Our recruitment staff are working all the time and watching games and then of course it is all about decisions.
'Without talking about specific positions we are always analysing what we can improve. January is never the best time or the easiest to boost and improve but any decisions we make will be with that in mind.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls