40 of the best images from City’s eventful FA Cup tie at Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Chelsea may have brought Norwich City's night to a painful end but it was still a memorable night at Stamford Bridge for the Canaries – and you can re-live the action here with our best photos from the match.
The FA Cup came to an end in the third round for a fifth successive season but the Canaries gave Premier League giants Chelsea a real scare in the process.
Both sides hit the crossbar in the first half of last night's replay at Stamford Bridge, before Chelsea took the lead 10 minutes into the second half through Michy Batshuayi.
Daniel Farke's side showed real spirit to rally though and the game was turned on its head in the fourth and final minute of injury-time when 19-year-old Jamal Lewis charged forward from left-back and headed in a cross from the unlikely source of Timm Klose – to spark wild celebrations among around 3,000 travelling supporters behind the goal.
Angus Gunn made marvellous saves from Willian and Alvaro Morata in a dramatic period of extra-time, before the Blues won a penalty shootout 5-3.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of our best photos from Focus Images and Press Association below
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman