Cheer Norwich City to victory, Grant Holt tells fans
- Credit: Focus Images
Sing your hearts out for the lads – that's the only wish Norwich City cult hero Grant Holt has for Saturday's mouth-watering game at Carrow Road.
Holt tasted East Anglian derby-double success over Ipswich Town on the Canaries' rise into the Premier League four season ago – becoming the only player to score a league hat-trick against City's arch rivals in the process.
But the stakes are even higher ahead of Saturday's Championship play-off semi-final second leg in Norfolk, following last weekend's 1-1 draw at Portman Road. On that occasion, Suffolk sung itself hoarse. This Saturday, it's Norfolk's turn – and Holt wants City's support to know that their voices can make the difference on the pitch.
'The fans just need to do what they do best,' said the City Hall of Fame member.
'In play-offs games and these derbies, the fans know what to expect. And they will keep getting behind you because they know that lifts their players.
You may also want to watch:
'So all the fans need to do is appreciate that every time they do sing songs and cheer for somebody, it may only be minimal but you get a massive effect from that.
'Just keep singing. Keep getting behind the lads. Regardless of what they're doing, just keep cheering – and you'll realise how far it can take us.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed