Cheeky trip during Mansfield Town’s draw with Luton Town puts the spotlight on former Norwich City goalkeeper Jake Kean
- Credit: PA
He may not have made an impact at Norwich City but goalkeeper Jake Kean has been giving plenty of football fans a good laugh this week.
The 26-year-old is currently chasing a place in the League Two play-offs with Mansfield Town but let his frustrations get the better of him after conceding from the penalty spot during a 1-1 draw with Luton on Monday.
Hatters striker Danny Hylton chipped a cheeky penalty past Kean in the 51st minute to equalise for the visitors but came a bit too close for comfort during his celebrations.
As he ran to pick the ball out of the net to restart the game quickly the former Canaries keeper couldn't resist tripping Hylton up as his frustration get the better of him.
Kean was booked for his actions but videos of his childish reaction have been getting a lot of love on social media ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Former City boss Alex Neil brought Kean in to cover for John Ruddy and Declan Rudd in the summer of 2015 after he was released by Blackburn Rovers.
The closest Kean came to a first-team appearance was as an unused substitute in a League Cup game early in the season, having to make do with seven appearances for the under-21s.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Spells in League One with Colchester United and Swindon Town followed, before being released after Premier League relegation last year and signing for Wednesday.
The keeper has not yet played for the Owls either but joined Mansfield on loan in January and has now made 18 appearances for the Stags.
Press play on the video above to see Kean's comedy moment.
• Click here for all the latest Norwich City news and views