Cheeky trip during Mansfield Town’s draw with Luton Town puts the spotlight on former Norwich City goalkeeper Jake Kean
- Credit: PA
He may not have made an impact at Norwich City but goalkeeper Jake Kean has been giving plenty of football fans a good laugh this week.
The 26-year-old is currently chasing a place in the League Two play-offs with Mansfield Town but let his frustrations get the better of him after conceding from the penalty spot during a 1-1 draw with Luton on Monday.
Hatters striker Danny Hylton chipped a cheeky penalty past Kean in the 51st minute to equalise for the visitors but came a bit too close for comfort during his celebrations.
As he ran to pick the ball out of the net to restart the game quickly the former Canaries keeper couldn't resist tripping Hylton up as his frustration get the better of him.
Kean was booked for his actions but videos of his childish reaction have been getting a lot of love on social media ever since.
Former City boss Alex Neil brought Kean in to cover for John Ruddy and Declan Rudd in the summer of 2015 after he was released by Blackburn Rovers.
The closest Kean came to a first-team appearance was as an unused substitute in a League Cup game early in the season, having to make do with seven appearances for the under-21s.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 4 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 5 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 6 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 7 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 8 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 9 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 10 Is this Suffolk's most stylish beach hut?
Spells in League One with Colchester United and Swindon Town followed, before being released after Premier League relegation last year and signing for Wednesday.
The keeper has not yet played for the Owls either but joined Mansfield on loan in January and has now made 18 appearances for the Stags.
Press play on the video above to see Kean's comedy moment.
• Click here for all the latest Norwich City news and views