Championship leaders QPR expecting tough game against Norwich City
Queens Park Rangers defender Clint Hill believes the Championship leaders are under increased pressure to perform against Norwich City on Saturday, as Neil Warnock's squad nears full strength.
Rangers' starting line-up has been unchanged in their last four matches – but they should have a quartet of first team players available for the weekend's big game at Loftus Road with a Canaries side sitting just two places below them in the table.
Deadline day signing Rob Hulse could soon be in contention for his debut after nursing an Achilles problem, while Alejandro Faurlin, Bradley Orr and club captain Fitz Hall are also close to a return.
'We've got a tough game against Norwich, who are third and flying, and the gaffer's going to have one big headache – but one that he likes, I think,' Hill told the Kilburn Times. 'Getting those lads back will keep us on our toes because, if you've got good players behind you, one bad game and you might not be able to get in for another 10. Up to now, I've always been knocking about at the other end of the table, so to be at the top is a new experience, one that I'm determined to keep enjoying and hopefully can enjoy for the rest of the season.'
Rangers will be aiming to equal their best ever start to a campaign over the coming week, if they can beat Norwich and win at Swansea on Tuesday. Dave Mangnall's team won 10 of their first 12 matches and drew the other two on their way to winning the Division Three South title in 1947-48, but their 13th game proved unlucky as they lost 2-0 to Swindon.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 6 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant