Carrow Road set to host key England Under-21s fixture against Netherlands
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Carrow Road will play host to England Under-21s crucial UEFA European Championship qualifier against Netherlands on Thursday, September 6.
The Young Lions are currently top of Group Four and well placed to qualify for the finals in Italy next year.
James Maddison is likely to be part of manager Aidy Boothroyd's side although whether the midfielder is still a Norwich City player by that time remains to be seen. The former Coventry man enjoyed a stellar 2017/18 season with the Canaries and has been linked with a Premier League move this summer.
Boothroyd's side are five points clear of the Dutch with four games to play having drawn 1-1 in the reverse fixture last September.
Boothroyd, who spent three years working at City's academy, said: 'This match is a really important one in our aim to qualify for next summer's Euros. Netherlands are a really strong side and it will be a tough and entertaining game.
'I loved my time at Norwich. I had three great years there, my daughter was born there and whenever I go back Delia (Smith, the club's joint majority shareholder) and the rest of the directors are very welcoming to me and my family.
'It is a brilliant club in an amazing part of the country, with great supporters. We hope they'll come out in big numbers to get behind the team as we look to get all three points and work our way towards qualification.'
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 9 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
Norwich City managing director, Steve Stone, told the club's official website: 'We are delighted that Carrow Road has been chosen to host another England U21 international – and we very much look forward to welcoming The FA and their counterparts from Netherlands in what is an important qualifying match for both teams.'
The Young Lions last played at Carrow Road in September 2012, winning 1-0 against Serbia in the Euro 2013 play-off first leg, thanks to a goal from Craig Dawson.
Tickets are on sale now for the match priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children and over 65s. A family ticket priced £20 (two adults and two children) is available and group booking and Charter Standard discounts apply.
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 01603 721 902 or in person at the ticket offices at Castle Mall, Chapelfield or Carrow Road.