Norwich City face trip to Bournemouth in Carabao Cup fourth round
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will travel to Premier League side Bournemouth in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.
The Canaries sealed progress to the last 16 with a dramatic 4-3 victory at Wycombe on Tuesday night and went into the draw made during the EFL on Quest highlights show this evening, with TV presenter Rachel Riley and former England women's international Rachel Yankey doing the honours.
The tie is due to be played in the week commencing Monday, October 29, which for City will be in between a home game against Brentford and a trip to Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship on the Saturdays either side.
For Eddie Howe's team the tie will be also be in between Saturday matches, travelling to Fulham on October 27 and hosting Manchester United on November 3.
The Canaries reached the fourth round for a fourth consecutive season by knocking out their League One opposition on Tuesday, following 3-1 victories over Stevenage and Cardiff in the earlier rounds.
The two-time winners have now reached the fourth round in six of the last seven seasons. Last season the competition came to an end with a 2-1 defeat to Premier League giants Arsenal in extra-time and the two previous seasons ended in penalty shootouts at Everton and Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
It's another home draw for Bournemouth, who beat League Two side MK Dons 3-0 in the second round before edging past Championship opposition in midweek, with a late Callum Wilson goal sealing a 3-2 win over Blackburn.
City's last trip to Goldsands Stadium was a 3-0 loss in the top flight in January 2016 but they did win 2-1 there in the Championship in January 2015, soon after Alex Neil had been appointed as manager.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
The teams have met once in the League Cup before, during 2000/01, when Norwich drew the first leg 0-0 at home before winning 2-1 away thanks to goals from Gaetano Giallanza and Darel Russell, when the Cherries were a third-tier side.
The south coast club reached the quarter-finals of the competition for the first time in 2015, when they were beaten 3-1 at home by Liverpool, and did so again last season but lost 2-1 at Chelsea.
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw
Manchester City v Fulham
Bournemouth v Norwich
Arsenal v Blackpool
Leicester v Everton or Southampton
West Ham v Tottenham
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
Chelsea v Derby
Burton v Nottingham Forest