Canaries youngster Jacob Murphy has Blackpool loan cut short after ‘error of judgment’
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City teenager Jacob Murphy has had his loan spell at Blackpool cut short.
The 19-year-old winger upset Blackpool boss Lee Clark after posting an image on social media that appeared to mock Blackpool's struggles at the bottom of the Championship.
The picture showed him with team-mate Donervon Daniels, with the words 'We are going to lose... Again' before their game at Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day.
Murphy apologised immediately, but Clark – a former Canaries assistant manager – has taken a hard line with the winger, who was due to remain at Bloomfield Road until February 2.
'Jacob is a talented player with a bright future ahead of him and his recent actions should not detract from that,' Clark said.
You may also want to watch:
'However, he realises that he made an error of judgement and understands why we have come to this decision. The players and the team need to be fully focused on our fight to stay in the Championship.'
Murphy, whose twin Josh is in Neil Adams' first team squad at Carrow Road, scored two goals in nine appearances for Blackpool and was made player of the month for November.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month