Canaries youngster Jacob Murphy has Blackpool loan cut short after ‘error of judgment’
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City teenager Jacob Murphy has had his loan spell at Blackpool cut short.
The 19-year-old winger upset Blackpool boss Lee Clark after posting an image on social media that appeared to mock Blackpool's struggles at the bottom of the Championship.
The picture showed him with team-mate Donervon Daniels, with the words 'We are going to lose... Again' before their game at Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day.
Murphy apologised immediately, but Clark – a former Canaries assistant manager – has taken a hard line with the winger, who was due to remain at Bloomfield Road until February 2.
'Jacob is a talented player with a bright future ahead of him and his recent actions should not detract from that,' Clark said.
'However, he realises that he made an error of judgement and understands why we have come to this decision. The players and the team need to be fully focused on our fight to stay in the Championship.'
Murphy, whose twin Josh is in Neil Adams' first team squad at Carrow Road, scored two goals in nine appearances for Blackpool and was made player of the month for November.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park