‘I wasn’t happy with my last performance’ – Norwich City star rights Preston wrong at Bolton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Trybull was pleased to put things right for personal and collective reasons, as Norwich City swatted aside Bolton.
The Canaries put in a perfect response to their 3-1 midweek defeat at Alex Neil's Preston, and Trybull was among those to really impress in City's 4-0 victory over Wanderers at the University of Bolton Stadium.
Bolton was Trybull's sixth successive Championship start – and as good as any of his performances this season as City's deepest lying midfielder.
'Yeah, I am enjoying it,' smiled Trybull. 'I believe always in myself, in how I can play football and what I'm capable to do. I think you can see it on the pitch.
'I was not happy with my last performance at Preston, but the games especially before that I showed some very good games I think.
'To be important for the team and to do my job, which is coming in my first position, I'm happy to play and to help the team to show good performances.
'I take my chance with both hands and I was patient enough to wait for it, then I tried to take it.'
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 10 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
While Leeds enjoyed a free weekend, City took advantage as their victory took them back to the top of the Championship – thanks to another brace from a striker in prolific form, Teemu Pukki.
'I mean, if you have a striker like him in the team who needs one chance and is scoring one goal, it helps always,' said Trybull.
'He has 24 goals now? So he puts you in front with that first shot probably, and an early goal always helps you to start well – we're absolutely pleased with his goals, for sure.
'An early goal in any game always helps. We showed it last weekend against Ipswich that we are capable to score very early in the game, and that it helps to get self-confidence also, to play our game and to keep going.
'I mean, victory most of the times is enjoyable. It was a very good game, especially in the first half. We can speak about the penalty and chances we missed but yeah, after the defeat on Wednesday we showed good character, we showed a good result and good game. It was really important for the upcoming weeks.
'Everybody knows you can't win the whole season in the last few games. So it's very important to show after a defeat like Wednesday a good reaction and good character – what we did here – and I'm very proud of the team that we won this game in the way we did.'
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…