TEAM NEWS: Tom Trybull fit for duty but City duo carrying knocks ahead of Ipswich derby clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Trybull has recovered from the foot injury suffered in the 3-1 Championship win at Leeds to face arch rivals Ipswich Town on Sunday - but the Canaries are monitoring Ben Godfrey and Todd Cantwell.
Daniel Farke revealed at Colney on Friday lunchtime the duo have picked up knocks during a competitive week's training as City's squad tune up for Sunday's showdown against Paul Lambert's Blues.
City have no other fresh injury concerns.
'We had a few slight problems during the week with knocks,' said Farke. 'Normally that is a good sign there is aggressiveness and intensity in training. Todd and Ben were struggling a bit. I am pretty hopeful they will be all available for Sunday.
'Tom got a knock in the Leeds game. It was bloody but seems to be okay now. It was pretty painful for the first few days. He is available. Alex Tettey is also one week further on in the training. He is a good option.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner (ankle) is back in training after a long lay off but is not under consideration for this weekend. Philip Heise is in the mix while Timm Klose (knee) is scheduled to return to full training next week.
'Moritz has been back in team training since Wednesday,' said Farke. 'If we are honest he was out for nearly two months. Since the middle of December and before that he was out for four weeks so it is nearly three months and one game. It is important he finds this trust with his body so it will be too soon for Ipswich
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
'It is a good feeling to have him back in the training but definitly a few more sessions before he is a topic for the team. Timm we hope he is back for next week. He hasn't been involved.
'With Philip he has been with us for 10 days and he has already proved what a brilliant left foot he has on the training pitch. Lots of competition and if we are honest not so much to change after the last game. All the lads were pretty brilliant but we will make a late decision if is he involved.'
• Recap the press conference lines in the window