Alex Tettey a major injury doubt for Wes Hoolahan’s swansong
- Credit: Andrew Tobin/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey is touch and go to be fit for Wes Hoolahan's swansong on Saturday against Leeds United at Carrow Road.
Daniel Farke revealed at Colney on Friday Tettey is suffering with a back problem and faces a late fitness call to be involved in the Irishman's big day. Hoolahan will captain the side on his farewell appearance in green and yellow on what is sure to be an emotional occasion.
Tom Trybull is in contention for his first appearance since damaging knee and ankle ligaments earlier this year.
'Tom has been back for 11 days in training so there's a possibility to have him back in the squad tomorrow,' said Farke. 'He's been away for a few months, which was sad because he was in really good shape.
'It's been hard to accept having to do so many games without him, but he's available for tomorrow and it's good to have him back.
You may also want to watch:
'Tettey has a back problem,' Farke said. 'It's nothing too bad, but he's had problems this week and we'll make a late decision on him on tomorrow.'
Farke named an unchanged line up for the 0-0 draw at Preston last weekend but Christoph Zimmermann (quad) is now available.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
'Zimmermann has been back in team training since Tuesday, and he will be involved in the squad,' said Farke. 'I saw some pictures in the newspaper about him involved in boxing. That was a bit of a concern because I get the feeling my centre back has bigger arms than the boxer.
'Then I see Onel (Hernandez) and I am a bit concerned because he didn't seem to realise it was only practising. I was a bit scared two seconds later he would knock the guy out.
'We thought the injury might be worse than it turned out to be for Christoph, so he's fine and will be available.'
Hernandez made his return from a hamstring injury with a late cameo at Deepdale. Marco Stiepermann is also fit and available after a hernia operation.
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson (Achilles) remain longer term absentees.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the blog above