STARTING XIs: Canaries unchanged but Swans lose star striker to illness
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have stuck with the same starting XI for the fourth consecutive game, as Kenny McLean holds off the challenge of the fit-again Moritz Leitner in midfield for tonight's Carrow Road clash with Swansea.
The only changes for the Canaries come on the bench, with Todd Cantwell returning in place of Alex Tettey after shaking off a thigh issue and the experience of Michael McGovern replacing young keeper Aston Oxborough.
The Canaries are looking to win their fourth game on the spin to ensure they remain top of the Championship table, regardless of how their automatic promotion rivals perform tomorrow.
Ahead of kick-off they sit two points clear of second-placed Leeds, who go to play-off chasing Bristol City on Saturday, and four ahead of third-placed Sheffield United, who hosts relegation-battling local rivals Rotherham tomorrow lunchtime.
Swansea make one enforced change for the televised encounter, with top scorer Oli McBurnie struck down by illness and replaced by former Ipswich loanee Bersant Celina, leaving the visitors with six substitutes.
The Scotland international had scored 10 in his last 10 games so his absence comes as a boost for Norwich and has 18 goals in 37 games in all competition to his name this season.
Two former Canaries, Martin Olsson and Leroy Fer, are currently out injured but former right-back Kyle Naughton features for the visitors – who made 32 appearances during the 2011-12 campaign while on loan from Tottenham.
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 9 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 10 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
The Swans have struggled to shake their Premier League relegation hangover since bringing in Graham Potter last summer and sit 14th in the table, seven points adrift of the play-offs ahead of kick-off.
The Welsh side beat lowly Bolton 2-0 at home last weekend but have lost their last three away games, at Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Bristol City.
Swansea haven't won in Norfolk for over 10 years, since a 3-2 Championship win in November 2008, during a relegation season for Norwich – with City winning three of the five Carrow Road meetings since then.
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Klose, Cantwell, Leitner, Vrancic, Rhodes
SWANSEA: Nordfeldt; Naughton, van der Hoorn (C), Carter-Vickers, Roberts; Grimes, Byers; Dyer, Celina, Routledge; James. Subs: Mulder (GK), John, Harris, McKay, Fulton, Baker-Richardson
REFEREE: Rob Jones (Merseyside)
• You can follow all the action from Carrow Road with our reporters in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device's app store