Tyronne Ebuehi is a Norwich City target – but no pre-contract agreement has been signed
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have targeted young full-back Tyronne Ebuehi from Dutch club ADO Den Haag – but reports the Nigerian international has already signed a pre-contract agreement are understood to be incorrect.
Ebuehi's representatives were at Carrow Road for Saturday's goalless FA Cup draw with Chelsea, while the player was with his current club's winter break tour party in the Turkish town of Belek.
Ebuehi is actually believed to have taken in the Canaries' win over Millwall a few days earlier.
However, reports in Dutch magazine Voetbal International via Nigerian sources that the 22-year-old right-back has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Norwich – given he is a free agent come the summer – are not true.
In fact, Fifa rules only allow pre-contract agreements to be signed by players aged 23 and over – meaning it wouldn't be an enforceable piece of paper anyway.
Ebuehi made his debut of Nigeria last year but his future beyond the summer and the Eredivisie remains uncertain, with Portuguese giants Benfica also reportedly interested in recruiting the defender.
Norwich's own interest also most likely revolves around recruiting Ebuehi come the summer, although something could happen sooner if the respective parties agree and City move on some of their squad in the current transfer window.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
Ebuehi is said to be able to operate on either flank having made 17 top-flight appearances so this season for Den Haag, who currently sit seventh in the Eredivisie during the Dutch midwinter break.
Den Haag drew their opening game of 2018 on Tuesday afternoon, with a 2-2 friendly against a Besiktas XI in which Ebuehi played the full 90 minutes.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…