WATCH: The key action from Norwich City’s 2-0 Championship win against Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Pritchard inspired Norwich to a well-deserved 2-0 Championship win against the Blues.
Pritchard's first goal of the season, after a long term ankle injury, and an exquisite assist for Josh Murphy provided some belated festive cheer at St Andrews.
Daniel Farke made five changes to his starting XI from Friday's miserable 2-1 home defeat to Brentford, with key defensive midfield duo Alex Tettey and Tom Trybull reunited for the first time since September after injuries.
Jamal Lewis was also handed his full debut at left-back after coming on as a substitute against Brentford and coped admirably with Spanish playmaker Jota, with Marco Stiepermann missing out completely.
Cameron Jerome and Wes Hoolahan were not fit enough to return but Josh Murphy also got the nod to start, as did Christoph Zimmermann, in place of Grant Hanley, who hurt his knee on Friday but was fit enough for a place on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
City's second win in the last 11 league games was the perfect boost ahead of Saturday's league trip to relegation-threatened Burton, before Millwall visit Carrow Road on New Year's Day.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
• Watch the key moments from a timely win for Norwich City at St Andrews