WATCH: The key action from Norwich City’s 2-0 Championship win against Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Pritchard inspired Norwich to a well-deserved 2-0 Championship win against the Blues.
Pritchard's first goal of the season, after a long term ankle injury, and an exquisite assist for Josh Murphy provided some belated festive cheer at St Andrews.
Daniel Farke made five changes to his starting XI from Friday's miserable 2-1 home defeat to Brentford, with key defensive midfield duo Alex Tettey and Tom Trybull reunited for the first time since September after injuries.
Jamal Lewis was also handed his full debut at left-back after coming on as a substitute against Brentford and coped admirably with Spanish playmaker Jota, with Marco Stiepermann missing out completely.
Cameron Jerome and Wes Hoolahan were not fit enough to return but Josh Murphy also got the nod to start, as did Christoph Zimmermann, in place of Grant Hanley, who hurt his knee on Friday but was fit enough for a place on the bench.
City's second win in the last 11 league games was the perfect boost ahead of Saturday's league trip to relegation-threatened Burton, before Millwall visit Carrow Road on New Year's Day.
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 4 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 5 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
• Watch the key moments from a timely win for Norwich City at St Andrews