Tom Trybull signs new Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Trybull has extended his stay at Norwich City until 2021.
City announced the contract extension moments before Saturday's Championship home game against Middlesbrough.
The German midfielder had joined as a free agent last summer on an initial one year deal, with the option of another year, but has now signed a new three-and-a-half year deal.
'It was a very easy decision to sign a new contract and I'm really happy,' he said.
'I was appreciative of the chance the club gave me in the summer and I want to pay something back. I'm really thankful for the chance, and the faith Daniel Farke and Stuart Webber have shown in me.
You may also want to watch:
'I've really enjoyed my time at Norwich so far. It was very easy for me to settle in and I'm really looking forward to continuing playing for the club.'
City head coach Farke added 'It's brilliant news as Tom has been one of our outstanding players this season.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
'We have a really good relationship and he feels at home here. From the first day he joined, he's had an outstanding working attitude.
'I'm really, really pleased we can work longer with him.'