Norwich City transfer rumours: Toni Leistner heading to England?
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
FC Union Berlin defender Toni Leistner is attracting interest from the Championship.
Leistner was heavily touted with a move to Norwich City last summer, but Berlin were desperate to keep the powerhouse centre back.
Respected German football magazine, Kicker, report on Sunday Leistner's representative, Branko Panic, has revealed there is interest from the Bundesliga and England in a summer move.
'Those are the two leagues that Toni favors and where he belongs because of his achievements in the last three years as the best centre-back of the second league,' said Panic.
Kicker claim Championship clubs are interested in the 27-year-old, who rejected a new deal to stay with the Berliners in March and is out of contract in June.
You may also want to watch:
Berlin reportedly have an option linked to promotion but a 1-1 home draw on Saturday with Heidenheim left them ninth in Bundesliga 2.
City's sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke brought in Christoph Zimmermann and Marcel Franke from Germany last summer, while Sean Raggett and Grant Hanley also arrived this season.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
Franke, however, fell out of favour after featuring in the early part of the campaign and is now at Dynamo Dresden on loan, while Raggett is yet to force his way into the Canaries' starting XI.