Norwich City transfer rumours: Toni Leistner heading to England?
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
FC Union Berlin defender Toni Leistner is attracting interest from the Championship.
Leistner was heavily touted with a move to Norwich City last summer, but Berlin were desperate to keep the powerhouse centre back.
Respected German football magazine, Kicker, report on Sunday Leistner's representative, Branko Panic, has revealed there is interest from the Bundesliga and England in a summer move.
'Those are the two leagues that Toni favors and where he belongs because of his achievements in the last three years as the best centre-back of the second league,' said Panic.
Kicker claim Championship clubs are interested in the 27-year-old, who rejected a new deal to stay with the Berliners in March and is out of contract in June.
You may also want to watch:
Berlin reportedly have an option linked to promotion but a 1-1 home draw on Saturday with Heidenheim left them ninth in Bundesliga 2.
City's sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke brought in Christoph Zimmermann and Marcel Franke from Germany last summer, while Sean Raggett and Grant Hanley also arrived this season.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Franke, however, fell out of favour after featuring in the early part of the campaign and is now at Dynamo Dresden on loan, while Raggett is yet to force his way into the Canaries' starting XI.