Norwich City transfer rumours: Jordan Rhodes in, Nelson Oliveira out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jordan Rhodes could be the answer to Norwich City's summer striker search, with Nelson Oliveira's sale funding a move for the former Ipswich Town trainee.
The Canaries are in the market for fresh firepower to bolster a squad that was among the lowest scorers in the Championship last season.
The Sun on Sunday report Sheffield Wednesday's out-of-favour frontman is on City's radar, after falling behind the likes of Atdhe Nuhiu, Gary Hooper and Steven Fletcher at Hillsborough following an injury-hit campaign.
Wednesday will listen to offers as they look to offload big earners to comply with financial fair play rules, but the 28-year-old's reported £40,000 salary would appear to be well outside the Canaries' pay structure.
Rhodes only notched seven goals in 35 appearances for the Owls last time around and three the season before - although two of those were against the Canaries in a 5-1 win in March 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Former club Blackburn and Nottingham Forest are also reportedly interested.
Oliveira was touted with Swansea City 12 months ago and endured a frustrating campaign that ended with nine goals from 41 appearances.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The Portugal international, who also had a couple of highly publicised fall outs with head coach Daniel Farke last season, has a Carrow Road deal until 2020.
Farke recruited Dennis Srbeny from Paderborn in January and made it clear towards the end of the campaign signing a goalscorer is a top priority this summer.