Norwich City transfer rumours: Marvin Ducksch chooses Dusseldorf
- Credit: DPA/PA Images
Marvin Ducksch is set to join newly-promoted Bundesliga club Fortuna Dusseldorf, after being heavily linked with the Canaries in the summer transfer window.
The FC St Pauli striker, who topped the goalscoring charts in Bundesliga Two last season on loan at Holstein Kiel, is Duesseldorf-bound, according to German tabloid Bild on Thursday night.
Fortuna are believed to have agreed a 1.5m euro fee, with another 1m euro in potential add-ons, for the prolific 24-year-old frontman.
Dusseldorf chief Robert Schafer, speaking to Bild, stated: 'He said early that he only wants to join Fortuna. That was a strong signal. We have now reached agreement with the player. We are also on the right path with the talks with FC St Pauli.'
Ducksch's advisor, Jurgen Milewski, had told the same newspaper a solution was likely in the coming days for the striker, who was previously linked to Norwich's Championship rivals Leeds United.
Daniel Farke knew the forward from his spell as a youngster at Borussia Dortmund. City's head coach has made no secret of his desire to recruit strikers in the close season trading, after a chronic lack of goals in his debut campaign at Carrow Road.
Dennis Srbeny was recruited from German third tier side SC Paderborn in January but with Nelson Oliveira's longer term future up in the air and Carlton Morris ruled out for months after undergoing knee surgery, City's quest for goals is a top priority.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
Both Farke and Webber have made it clear in recent days they are working hard on new signings, following the departures of Josh Murphy, Marley Watkins and James Maddison.