Norwich City transfer rumours: Leicester City in pole to land £17m-rated James Maddison
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison is being lined up by Premier League Leicester City as a replacement for Riyad Mahrez.
The Sun on Sunday claim the gifted 21-year-old Norwich City midfielder is top of their list, with Mahrez's future set to be resolved this summer after a January transfer saga involving Manchester City.
Leicester reportedly rejected a £60m plus offer from the Citizens but now expect Mahrez to finally move on and will use some of that windall to target Maddison, who notched his 15th goal of the season and added another assist in Saturday's 3-1 Championship win over Aston Villa.
Maddison has been touted with a number of top flight clubs in recent months but the Sun on Sunday report the Foxes have moved into pole position and are 'confident' of landing the England Under-21 starlet.
Huddersfield and long time suitors Tottenham are also tracking City's prized asset, who is sure to be the subject of major interest this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich resisted any temptation to cash in during January but will need to sell and trim the wage bill again in order to refresh Daniel Farke's squad during the upcoming close season.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 5 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 6 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom