Norwich City transfer rumours: Ligue One hotshot in Canaries sights?
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Dijon striker Julio Tavares is attracting admiring glances from the Championship - with Norwich City one of a number of clubs reportedly tracking the Cape Verde international.
Tavares was heavily touted with City's league rivals Aston Villa ahead of the first transfer deadline of the summer, but football website Here Is The City claim the Canaries' top brass have made contact with Tavares' French club in recent days.
City can sign players on loan or with a view to a permanent deal in January ahead of the August 31 deadline.
The 29-year-old has started the new French season with a bang, scoring three goals in two games, and plundered 12 league goals last season to fire Dijon to 11th in the French top flight.
Tavares is under contract until 2021 but HITC claim Villa, City, Wigan and Blackburn are all weighing up a move for the £2.5m rated 6ft 1in powerhouse.
Jordan Rhodes has impressed for the Canaries since his arrival on loan from Sheffield Wednesday but Nelson Oliveira is expected to depart ahead of the deadline. Teemu Pukki has been deployed in a deeper support role in the opening league games, while Dennis Srbeny is yet to force his way into Daniel Farke's starting line up.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies