Aberdeen boss provides transfer update on reported Norwich City target Kenny McLean
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aberdeen chief Derek McInnes insists there has been no official approach for rumoured Norwich City target Kenny McLean.
The Scottish international midfielder has been touted with a £500,000 move to Carrow Road in the Scottish media but the Dons' boss confirmed on Friday morning McLean's immediate future is at Pittodrie.
The 26-year-old is expected to feature against one of his old club's, St Mirren, on Saturday in a Scottish FA Cup fourth round tie.
'There been nothing official re: Kenny so I can't really comment further at this moment,' said McInnes, when questioned at his pre-match press call.
The Scottish Sun claimed Daniel Farke is a huge admirer of the 26-year-old, after positive reports from City's scouting network.
You may also want to watch:
McLean is out of contract at the end of this season and indicated he is not interested in signing a new Dons' deal.
McLean was the subject of a reported £300,000 offer last summer from Rangers and the Ibrox giants were widely expected to land McLean on a free at the end of the current campaign.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
The powerful midfielder has been a hit at Pittodrie since joining from St Mirren in 2015 for a reported £175,000 and played alongside James Maddison last season during a successful loan stint for the Norwich starlet.