Aberdeen boss provides transfer update on reported Norwich City target Kenny McLean
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aberdeen chief Derek McInnes insists there has been no official approach for rumoured Norwich City target Kenny McLean.
The Scottish international midfielder has been touted with a £500,000 move to Carrow Road in the Scottish media but the Dons' boss confirmed on Friday morning McLean's immediate future is at Pittodrie.
The 26-year-old is expected to feature against one of his old club's, St Mirren, on Saturday in a Scottish FA Cup fourth round tie.
'There been nothing official re: Kenny so I can't really comment further at this moment,' said McInnes, when questioned at his pre-match press call.
The Scottish Sun claimed Daniel Farke is a huge admirer of the 26-year-old, after positive reports from City's scouting network.
McLean is out of contract at the end of this season and indicated he is not interested in signing a new Dons' deal.
McLean was the subject of a reported £300,000 offer last summer from Rangers and the Ibrox giants were widely expected to land McLean on a free at the end of the current campaign.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 9 Ambulance trust spends £20k of 'Captain Tom money' on pin badges and dogs
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
The powerful midfielder has been a hit at Pittodrie since joining from St Mirren in 2015 for a reported £175,000 and played alongside James Maddison last season during a successful loan stint for the Norwich starlet.