Norwich City are NOT interested in William Remy
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Legia Warsaw defender William Remy will not be heading to Carrow Road in the January transfer window.
Speculation over the weekend touting the Canaries with a firm move for the 27-year-old French-born defender is false, despite widespread reports City had agreed a three-and-a-half year deal for the former Montpellier player.
Remy only moved to Poland 12 months ago but has made just 27 appearances for the Warsaw club, although he did suffer knee ligament damage in a Champions League qualifier in July that kept him out for four months.
The Frenchman can also operate in defensive midfield but Daniel Farke's squad is well stocked in both areas.
The City chief and sporting director Stuart Webber have both made it clear in recent weeks they are happy with the size of the squad this month as Norwich look to step up a Championship promotion push.
You may also want to watch:
Additions to the club's development pool is a higher priority in January.
Farke did sanction a loan move for Matt Jarvis to Walsall and an extension of James Husband's spell at Fleetwood, but the head coach made it clear prior to the weekend's FA Cup defeat to Portsmouth he expects the likes of Timm Klose and Jordan Rhodes to stay at the club this month.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Water outages hit homes across city
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 People released from car after crash closes road
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash