Recap: How the fun and games of deadline day unfolded for Norwich City supporters
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City had until 5pm on Thursday to complete permanent signings in the first transfer deadline of the football summer.
• If viewing our live debate on a phone or tablet please make sure your browser and operating system are updated to the latest versions
The Canaries, and sporting director Stuart Webber, were quick off the mark during the close season with the sales of James Maddison and Josh Murphy easing the pressure of trying to plug the hole left by Premier League parachute payments, and also enabling the club's top brass to recruit.
Daniel Farke's squad has been bolstered by seven new arrivals - including loan deals for Jordan Rhodes and Felix Passlack - but the focus was on potential departures over coming hours.
Nelson Oliveira's future appears to lie elsewhere, after Webber revealed last week a mutual understanding had been reached with the player at the end of last season that the time may be right for pastures new.
City, however, can still sell players into overseas markets until the end of the month, while potential loan moves for the likes of Remi Matthews and Russell Martin can also happen at any point up to August 31.
Nevertheless, that did nothing to check the rumour or speculation with Timm Klose and Ivo Pinto's futures a hot topic on deadline day.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 6 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 7 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 10 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
• Join in with the chat alongside our football writers in our live blog