Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries track coveted Drogheda United prospect
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Championship leaders are being touted with another raid across the Irish Sea for highly-rated teenage Drogheda midfielder William Hondermarck.
Both sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke have made it clear they are not expecting a busy January transfer window, in or out of Carrow Road, but additions to the club's development pool are believed to be on the agenda.
The Irish Sun report both the Canaries and Scottish Championship club Dundee United are monitoring the 18-year-old, who made 14 appearances for the First Divison side and caught the eye in a notable cup win over top flight Shamrock Rovers back in August on only his second senior appearance.
City have previously recruited both Adam Idah and Simon Power from Irish football, and the Irish Sun claim negotiations are already underway with interested parties to sign the French-born powerhouse.
Hondermark reportedly trained with English clubs last summer and has been part of Irish Under-19 training camps, although he is not eligible yet until he gets an Irish passport.
You may also want to watch:
City have sanctioned a series of loan moves for their development squad, both before and during the current season, which opens up a potential avenue to bring in new blood in January as they continue to place an emphasis on producing fresh talent.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146