Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries track coveted Drogheda United prospect
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Championship leaders are being touted with another raid across the Irish Sea for highly-rated teenage Drogheda midfielder William Hondermarck.
Both sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke have made it clear they are not expecting a busy January transfer window, in or out of Carrow Road, but additions to the club's development pool are believed to be on the agenda.
The Irish Sun report both the Canaries and Scottish Championship club Dundee United are monitoring the 18-year-old, who made 14 appearances for the First Divison side and caught the eye in a notable cup win over top flight Shamrock Rovers back in August on only his second senior appearance.
City have previously recruited both Adam Idah and Simon Power from Irish football, and the Irish Sun claim negotiations are already underway with interested parties to sign the French-born powerhouse.
Hondermark reportedly trained with English clubs last summer and has been part of Irish Under-19 training camps, although he is not eligible yet until he gets an Irish passport.
You may also want to watch:
City have sanctioned a series of loan moves for their development squad, both before and during the current season, which opens up a potential avenue to bring in new blood in January as they continue to place an emphasis on producing fresh talent.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend