Canaries to learn their League Cup opponents in draw from Bangkok
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The draw for the first round of the League Cup will be made at 1pm today, with Norwich City one of the southern seeds.
The Carabao Cup's first matches, as it will be known as part of a new sponsorship deal with the Thai energy drink brand, will be pulled out of the hat in Bangkok.
City are one of 70 clubs going into the draw, with Championship new boys Hull and Middlesbrough joining with the Premier League clubs in the second round.
The regionalised draw will pit the Canaries against one of: AFC Wimbledon, Barnet, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Colchester, Crawley, Exeter, Forest Green, Gillingham, Luton, Newport, Northampton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Stevenage, Swindon, Wycombe or Yeovil.
The draw is being screened online, including on the cup's Facebook page, with the ties to be played in the week commencing August 7.
You may also want to watch:
Find out who Norwich will play in the first round from 1pm at www.pinkun.com
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail