Daniel Farke sweating on a series of late calls for Sunderland trip
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke revealed he will have to make a number of late selection calls for the Championship midweek trip to Sunderland.
Farke, speaking at Colney on Monday morning, said the likes of Alex Tettey, Harrison Reed and Ivo Pinto are feeling the effects of a congested recent spell.
City beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Saturday and Farke is loathe to make too many changes for the trip to Wearside.
Onel Hernandez (hamstring) and Tom Trybull (knee/ankle) remain sidelined.
Marco Stiepermann will also not be risked after his recent return from a hernia operation.
'There has been a lot of load but we don't want any more injuries. We could have fresh legs but I am tempted to play same team,' said Farke. 'In general, we are still a bit tricky in personal terms.
'Moritz Leitner is not fit for the starting line-up. He will travel and could only play about 30 minutes.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
'We are slightly concerned with Alex. He has had a lot of load recently so he needs time to recreate.
'We will make late decisions on a number of players. Lots of players had cramp after the last game.
'Harrison nearly played each and every minute and had some cramps after the Villa game. Ivo and Mario Vrancic have had a lot of load as well so there will be late decisions.
'If you are there with a very good performance you are always tempted to go further on.
'(On the other hand) it's been a long season with lots of games so we could rotate.'
Marley Watkins is also unavailable after missing out against Villa with a sickness bug.
'He is in for the first time today. But only doing some individual stuff,' said Farke. 'He has lost a lot of weight over the past three days and so it is slow jogging and he will be available for the next home game.'
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson (Achilles) remain longer term absentees.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the blog above