STARTING XI: Louis Thompson makes his first league start of the season for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Louis Thompson and Tom Trybull come back into Norwich's starting XI for the Championship game against Leeds United at Carrow Road.
Thompson makes his first start of the new campaign in the league with Ben Marshall and Alex Tettey left out of the line up that beat Preston in midweek.
The 23-year-old Thompson makes his first league appearance since facing the same opponents in a 3-2 home defeat in November 2016. Thompson has suffered two Achilles injuries on a long road back to recovery.
Grant Hanley captains the side after recovering from a shin injury and Ivo Pinto is fit for duty following his late substitution on Wednesday with stomach cramps.
Table topping Leeds make one change from the side that drew at Swansea in midweek; Pontus Jansson comes in for the injured Liam Cooper. Luke Ayling is captain on his 27th birthday and there is a place on the bench for former Norwich loanee Patrick Bamford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 9 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 10 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
• Norwich: Krul, Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Lewis, Trybull, Thompson, Leitner, Pukki, Hernandez, Rhodes. Subs: McGovern (GK), Godfrey, Zimmermann, Marshall, Buendia, Stiepermann, Srbeny.
• Leeds United: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling (c), Douglas, Jansson, Berardi, Klich, Phillips, Alioski, Hernandez, Saiz, Roofe. Subs: Blackman (GK), Shaughnessy, Pearce, Shackleton, Baker, Harrison, Bamford.