Canaries striker continues goal-scoring form as Ireland U19s beat Netherlands
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/phcimages.com
Adam Idah's strong start to the season continued as the Norwich City starlet was on target again for the Republic of Ireland U19s.
The 17-year-old striker scored an equaliser against the Netherlands in the 29th minute of a 2-1 win over the Netherlands in Longford this afternoon, taking his tally for the season to seven goals in 13 games for club and country.
Idah had also scored in a 3-1 win over Bosnia & Herzegovina last Wednesday and set up one during a 3-0 victory over the Faroe Islands on Saturday, to ensure progress to the Elite Round of European U19 Championship qualifying.
That was celebrated with the win, as the Canaries youngster made it two goals in five games for his country at U19 level.
Elsewhere, City right-back Max Aarons was an unused substitute as England U19s thrashed Macedonia 6-2 in a behind-closed-doors friendly at St George's Park, having won his third cap when playing all of a 4-1 friendly win in Portugal last Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
European U19 Championship qualifying starts with three games in Turkey during next month's international break for the Young Lions, against Iceland, Moldova and Turkey.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman