‘He was my Mario Gotze’ - Jurgen Klopp on the man starring for the Canaries
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's Championship promotion surge is getting some high profile backing from Jurgen Klopp.
Klopp guided Liverpool into the knockout stages of the Champions League after beating Napoli in midweek, while the Reds are top of the Premir League as they look to fight it out with champions Manchester City.
The former Borussia Dortmund coach, however, is also keeping one eye on the progress of compatriot Daniel Farke and a clutch of players he knows very well flourishing at Carrow Road - including a midfielder who reminds Klopp of Germany's 2014 World Cup match-winning midfielder Mario Gotze.
'All the Norwich results I know, second only to the Huddersfield games. I had a lot of their players,' he told Sky Sports.
'Moritz Leitner was awesome for me and it's not just him. Mario Vrancic was my player. He was my Mario Gotze at Mainz, 17 and in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
'I have known him for ages and he is a good friend of my son's.
'Marco Stiepermann was in the squad for the 2011 championship at Dortmund.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
'Felix Passlack was a very young prospect there alongside Christian Pulisic.'