‘He was my Mario Gotze’ - Jurgen Klopp on the man starring for the Canaries
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's Championship promotion surge is getting some high profile backing from Jurgen Klopp.
Klopp guided Liverpool into the knockout stages of the Champions League after beating Napoli in midweek, while the Reds are top of the Premir League as they look to fight it out with champions Manchester City.
The former Borussia Dortmund coach, however, is also keeping one eye on the progress of compatriot Daniel Farke and a clutch of players he knows very well flourishing at Carrow Road - including a midfielder who reminds Klopp of Germany's 2014 World Cup match-winning midfielder Mario Gotze.
'All the Norwich results I know, second only to the Huddersfield games. I had a lot of their players,' he told Sky Sports.
'Moritz Leitner was awesome for me and it's not just him. Mario Vrancic was my player. He was my Mario Gotze at Mainz, 17 and in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
'I have known him for ages and he is a good friend of my son's.
'Marco Stiepermann was in the squad for the 2011 championship at Dortmund.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
'Felix Passlack was a very young prospect there alongside Christian Pulisic.'