Norwich City v Portsmouth: Press Conference RECAP
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke held his pre-match press call on Friday ahead of the FA Cup third round home tie against Portsmouth - and we had the headlines.
Farke provided injury updates on Marco Stiepermann (quad) and Alex Tettey (abductor) who were the latest casualties to a growing injury roll call in the 1-1 Championship draw at Brentford on New Year's Day.
The City chief is already without fellow midfielders Moritz Leitner and Emi Buendia (both ankle) until the start of next month at the earliest.
Jamal Lewis is targeting a return to action from a hamstring problem when the Championship programme resumes at West Brom next weekend.
Farke delivered a fitness update on the rest of his depleted squad who were involved at Griffin Park. He also confirmed there will be major changes for the cup tie to give some of his key men a rest and also an opportunity to those on the fringes.
Kenny McLean is one who will come into his thinking, after an injury-hit season following ankle ligament surgery.
Louis Thompson (shoulder) and Carlton Morris (knee) are back in light training but will not be considered for the third round tie against the League One leaders.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
• Recap the main lines from the press conference in the window above