Angus Gunn tipped for England call up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan keeper Angus Gunn is set to be called up to the England squad next week for upcoming friendlies.
Gareth Southgate is reportedly keen to work with the 22-year-old Manchester City shot stopper again after he was drafted in as cover for November's friendly against Brazil at Wembley.
The England Under-21 international will be part of the squad for the games against Holland and Italy later this month, report the Mirror on Saturday night, as Southgate fine tunes his plans for this summer's World Cup.
Gunn has been a revelation at Carrow Road this season, keeping 15 clean sheets as he follows in the gloves of his father Bryan with the Canaries.
Gunn junior was part of a Norwich backline who had a rare off day on Saturday, shipping four goals in a 4-3 Championship defeat at Hull City.
You may also want to watch:
England U21 chief Aidy Boothroyd visited the club's Colney training base earlier in the week and spoke to both Gunn and James Maddison, with the Young Lions in European Championship qualifying action over the international break against Ukraine's U21 on March 27, along with a warm up friendly against Romania's U21s.
But Gunn may now see himself involved in the senior squad alongside the likes of Joe Hart, Jack Butland and Jordan Pickford.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Southgate's men travel to Holland to face the Dutch on March 23 before the Italians visit four days later.