PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Dean Smith previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Tottenham - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss.
The Canaries head to Spurs three unbeaten under their new boss, after an eventful midweek 1-1 draw at fellow strugglers Newcastle United.
Smith delivered an injury blow with confirmation Milot Rashica (groin) could be out three to four weeks after scans. Mathias Normann (pelvis) is also out for Sunday after visiting a specialist who advised a fresh injection.
Smith is 'hopeful' the Norwegian international is back in the mix for Manchester United's visit to Carrow Road.
Todd Cantwell (Covid related contact issue) sat out the game on Tyneside but is now available after a negative Covid test. Smith reported no fresh fitness concerns from those who were on duty at St James' Park.
Sam Byram will not be involved in Friday's latest development game after a 70 minute run out on Monday against Wolves Under-23s in Premier League Two, after a long term lay off.
The only other longer term absentee is Christoph Zimmermann, although Smith revealed ahead of the Newcastle game the centre back is now walking without crutches following his early season ankle surgery.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Tottenham throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com