'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- Credit: PA
Some Norwich City fans are asking serious questions of head coach Daniel Farke after their humiliating 7-0 defeat to Chelsea in the Premier League.
The result equals their all-time record defeat to the hands of Manchester City back in 2013, when Chris Hughton was in charge.
Chelsea's quality is undeniable but the Canaries simply failed to land a blow on them. Their pressing was poor, their play passive and their defence too soft. Norwich's display lacked structure, identity and any ounce of quality.
As a club, they do so much right off the pitch. But that simply isn't matching their on pitch efforts at present. This was the latest fixture where they were simply too easy to overcome.
Irrespective of their business model or way they seek to operate, City simply didn't produce the level of performance expected from a team in the Premier League. After all the work that was required to reach this platform, they are failing to live up to the billing.
An inquest will inevitably follow a defeat of this nature but City will have to find the tools to go again next Sunday against Leeds United at Carrow Road. If form of this nature persists, then everyone is acutely aware of the outcome that will follow.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans via social media above and below
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'