‘I would assume I am not in their plans’ - Your move Norwich City as Steven Naismith ponders summer exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steven Naismith is still in the dark over his future at Norwich City.
The Scottish international expects to move on in the summer, but with one year left on his lucrative Carrow Road deal he knows the Canaries hold the trump card.
Naismith has enjoyed a loan stint at Hearts, and the Tynecastle outfit have made it clear they want him to stay next season.
'For as laidback a person as I am, it's actually a frustrating position to be in because this situation is not totally in my hands,' he said, speaking to the Edinburgh Evening News. 'I am enjoying every minute of being at Hearts and being back in Scotland but there is nothing definitive I can say right now.
'I have a year left of my contract at Norwich and I have not had any conversations with them with regard to what they want to do.
You may also want to watch:
'The general consensus is they are going to go with a younger squad next season and if that is the case then I would assume I am not in their plans.
'Hearts have made it clear that if there was the possibility to do something then they would like to and I do appreciate that and everything they have done for me.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
'They have given me the chance to get back playing and I have enjoyed every minute of my time here so far.
'I have so much respect for everyone at the club.
'But it is hard for me to commit to anything when I don't know what Norwich want to do. I'm sure things will get sorted eventually. It's just a little frustrating as I have never been in this position before.'