‘I would assume I am not in their plans’ - Your move Norwich City as Steven Naismith ponders summer exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steven Naismith is still in the dark over his future at Norwich City.
The Scottish international expects to move on in the summer, but with one year left on his lucrative Carrow Road deal he knows the Canaries hold the trump card.
Naismith has enjoyed a loan stint at Hearts, and the Tynecastle outfit have made it clear they want him to stay next season.
'For as laidback a person as I am, it's actually a frustrating position to be in because this situation is not totally in my hands,' he said, speaking to the Edinburgh Evening News. 'I am enjoying every minute of being at Hearts and being back in Scotland but there is nothing definitive I can say right now.
'I have a year left of my contract at Norwich and I have not had any conversations with them with regard to what they want to do.
'The general consensus is they are going to go with a younger squad next season and if that is the case then I would assume I am not in their plans.
'Hearts have made it clear that if there was the possibility to do something then they would like to and I do appreciate that and everything they have done for me.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 5 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 6 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 7 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 8 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 9 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 10 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
'They have given me the chance to get back playing and I have enjoyed every minute of my time here so far.
'I have so much respect for everyone at the club.
'But it is hard for me to commit to anything when I don't know what Norwich want to do. I'm sure things will get sorted eventually. It's just a little frustrating as I have never been in this position before.'