WATCH: Canaries midfielder scores twice to earn loan club’s first win of the season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City youngster Savvas Mourgos was the star of the show as he finally got Dordrecht's season up and running, scoring twice for his Dutch loan club.
The Greek youth international was brought down to win a penalty in the 62nd minute against Cambuur and no mistake from the spot, firing into the top-right corner for his first goal in senior football.
Mourgous then sealed a 3-1 victory – the first of the second-tier season for Dordrecht – weaved his way to the edge of the area before unleashing a low left-footed drive which found the bottom corner in the 90th minute.
It was the 20-year-old's eighth appearance of the campaign for the Eerste Divisie side but a first win wasn't enough to lift them off the foot of the table on Friday night.
City signed Mourgos on a free in the summer of 2017 after he had left Arsenal and the midfielder went on to score four goals in 17 games for the Canaries' under-23s last season.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to stay in Holland for the rest of the campaign and is under contract at Norwich until the end of this season, with an option for a further 12 months.
• Watch Mourgos' goals in the video above
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping