Kenny McLean notches in man-of-the-match display for Aberdeen
- Credit: PA
Canaries' midfielder Kenny McLean's 11th goal of the season earned Aberdeen a point against Rangers on Tuesday night in the battle for a Europa League spot behind Scottish Premiership champions Celtic.
McLean tumbled under Alfredo Morelos' first half challenge inside the Gers' penalty area, before composing himself to send Jak Alnwick the wrong way from the spot.
Ross McCrorie's second half close range header earned Rangers a hard-fought draw at Pittodrie, with Russell Martin playing the full 90 minutes in his penultimate loan appearance for the Ibrox club.
Former Norwich midfielder Graham Dorrans was also in the visiting line up, while Joe Lewis was in goal for the hosts.
McClean struck the bar from 25 yards and was denied by Alnwick in an all-action display prior to the interval from the Scottish international midfielder, who links up with Daniel Farke's squad this summer.
The 26-year-old was named man-of-the-match in his final Dons' home appearance.
Aberdeen remain second, a point clear of Rangers, but face a daunting final day league trip to Celtic, in the race to finish runners-up and seal a place in European competition next season.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 6 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 9 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
Hibs sit three points further adrift ahead of Wednesday's derby trip to Hearts, who have Steven Naismith on loan and Kyle Lafferty in their ranks, before hosting Rangers this weekend.