Kenny McLean notches in man-of-the-match display for Aberdeen
- Credit: PA
Canaries' midfielder Kenny McLean's 11th goal of the season earned Aberdeen a point against Rangers on Tuesday night in the battle for a Europa League spot behind Scottish Premiership champions Celtic.
McLean tumbled under Alfredo Morelos' first half challenge inside the Gers' penalty area, before composing himself to send Jak Alnwick the wrong way from the spot.
Ross McCrorie's second half close range header earned Rangers a hard-fought draw at Pittodrie, with Russell Martin playing the full 90 minutes in his penultimate loan appearance for the Ibrox club.
Former Norwich midfielder Graham Dorrans was also in the visiting line up, while Joe Lewis was in goal for the hosts.
McClean struck the bar from 25 yards and was denied by Alnwick in an all-action display prior to the interval from the Scottish international midfielder, who links up with Daniel Farke's squad this summer.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old was named man-of-the-match in his final Dons' home appearance.
Aberdeen remain second, a point clear of Rangers, but face a daunting final day league trip to Celtic, in the race to finish runners-up and seal a place in European competition next season.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Hibs sit three points further adrift ahead of Wednesday's derby trip to Hearts, who have Steven Naismith on loan and Kyle Lafferty in their ranks, before hosting Rangers this weekend.