‘It’s a brilliant signing by Norwich City’ - Canaries have a gem
- Credit: PA
Kenny McLean is used to being the main man and his former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is in no doubt he will stamp his mark on the Championship.
McLean returns to his parent club for pre-season after helping guide the Dons to second place in the Scottish Premiership and Europa League qualifying after a January move to Norwich before a short term loan stint.
The 26-year-old still has two games left this season after being called up to the Scotland squad for friendlies in Peru and Mexico but McInnes is promising Canaries' fans they have signed a gem.
'It's a brilliant signing for Norwich and it's a brilliant move for Kenny as well and the right one,' he said, speaking to the Press and Journal. 'They are trying to adjust to dropping out of the Premier League in recent years and trying to move on a lot of their high earners.
'That means Kenny will go in as a key player for them and play a lot of games and it's important he does that and establishes himself.
You may also want to watch:
'He was St Mirren's best player when he came to me and he has arguably turned into our best player and certainly one of the key ones at Aberdeen.
'I think he will go to prove exactly the same thing with Norwich by becoming one their most reliable players in the future.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named