James Maddison’s next move is...
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Lt
James Maddison's future will dominate Norwich City's summer transfer strategy.
Maddison was a regular in the transfer gossip columns during the previous January window, but City's top brass made it clear after Alex Pritchard's exit they had no interest in offloading their most saleable asset.
A series of personal accolades following a breakthrough season of goals and assists that also brought an England Under-21 debut ensure Maddison is hot property once again this coming close season.
Norwich's work to refresh Daniel Farke's squad will be set against a backdrop of lowering the wage bill and attempting to bring in a transfer surplus, given the end of parachute payments from the Premier League.
Now the tough part, Norwich fans. Everything points to Maddison moving on once he is fully up to speed after suffering a knee injury on the final day of the season at Sheffield Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Potential transfer fees starting at £15m upwards have long since been bandied about, but on the basis the Canaries' club record valuation is met, what is the best career move for Maddison to fulfil his potential?
Most of the top flight appear to have been linked to the 21-year-old at one point or another but the midfielder would surely need to balance a quest for regular game-time against joining one of the biggest hitters, who can sign the world's best?
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
Could he even consider going abroad to try and emulate the likes of Jadon Sancho, who has flourished at Borussia Dortmund?
Or the nightmare scenario for City fans, one of the relegated Premier League trio entice him to spearhead a Championship promotion push next season?
• Cast your vote in the poll above