James Maddison’s next move is...
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Lt
James Maddison's future will dominate Norwich City's summer transfer strategy.
Maddison was a regular in the transfer gossip columns during the previous January window, but City's top brass made it clear after Alex Pritchard's exit they had no interest in offloading their most saleable asset.
A series of personal accolades following a breakthrough season of goals and assists that also brought an England Under-21 debut ensure Maddison is hot property once again this coming close season.
Norwich's work to refresh Daniel Farke's squad will be set against a backdrop of lowering the wage bill and attempting to bring in a transfer surplus, given the end of parachute payments from the Premier League.
Now the tough part, Norwich fans. Everything points to Maddison moving on once he is fully up to speed after suffering a knee injury on the final day of the season at Sheffield Wednesday.
Potential transfer fees starting at £15m upwards have long since been bandied about, but on the basis the Canaries' club record valuation is met, what is the best career move for Maddison to fulfil his potential?
Most of the top flight appear to have been linked to the 21-year-old at one point or another but the midfielder would surely need to balance a quest for regular game-time against joining one of the biggest hitters, who can sign the world's best?
- 1 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 8 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 9 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
Could he even consider going abroad to try and emulate the likes of Jadon Sancho, who has flourished at Borussia Dortmund?
Or the nightmare scenario for City fans, one of the relegated Premier League trio entice him to spearhead a Championship promotion push next season?
• Cast your vote in the poll above